SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, January 29, 2016

This World is Passing Away....It's Worth It To Die For Jesus

I can only imagine, and it gives me chills, to think about what Jesus' Father feels when he sees people willing to empathize with the sufferings of His Son Jesus Christ. The seen and unseen sufferings. Jesus did what His Father asked him to do, and that was to go to the cross for us to suffer the one acceptable death for all. I know God the Father is with those who are being persecuted for there faith in a special way. The world is against the Truth and love of God found in Jesus Christ. Are you surprised? Can you discern life and death, light and dark, good and evil, what is just and unjust, love and fear? When the time comes to die for Christ God's Holy Spirit is fully present in that heart. 

“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.”
Romans 12:1 ESV

““Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake.”
Matthew 24:9 ESV

““If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me.”
John 15:18-21 ESV

“Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth at him. But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” But they cried out with a loud voice and stopped their ears and rushed together at him. Then they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul. And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.”
Acts 7:54-60 ESV

No comments: