SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Without Question The Most Important Thing In Life Is To Love One Another As Jesus Has Loved Us

Love is the manifestation of faith. 

I have had the most powerful devotion this morning, and I pray that it lasts; takes root and endures through my every living day until I pass away. It's a reoccurring devotion I have because he who began a good work will be faithful to complete it. Without question the most important aspect of our lives is that we love one another as Jesus Christ has loved us. If you're like me, you know the turmoil within that results from circumstances of life that keeps us, challenges us to perform this one ultimate goal....to really love. Although it is somewhat of a mystery, I know that all things I face and experience in life are meant to build me up to become a loving person. I know the same is true for all people as well. The type of loving person I am referring to is the one who endures every circumstance yet still acts like Jesus. I've only lived 38 years and I realized a long time ago how unloving I truly am toward God, and my family and my friends and my coworkers. Yes, there is some love, and it's all genuine, but it is imperfect. In the flesh we say it's impossible to love like Christ at all times, but in the spirit of God it is possible to love like Christ. To be a follower of Christ means that you read the Bible and run toward Jesus in faith working to believe all that he has said and commanded us to do. He has commanded us to do things that we cannot do on our own, but that are possible: "be perfect as my heavenly Father is perfect," "love one another as I have loved you." Just these two commands alone reveal the impossibility to us within ourselves to do them, but if we were not able to do them why did Jesus tell us to? But "All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me!"..... is something you hear and read as a Christian as well, but in the battle of life we know all too well how fleeting it is, because we depend on our own strength to achieve it. You also read in the Word of God that Jesus stated, "remain in me, abide in me so that you can bear much fruit." This is found in John 15. 



Have you ever experienced a moment in life where the power of God poured out upon you which enabled you to become completely resolute and committed to something He wanted you to be? In 2nd Chronicles 1:7-10,  I remember reading that Solomon was asked by God, "ask me anything and it will be given to you." Solomon asked for wisdom and knowledge, and God granted it to him, and Solomon became the wisest man on earth. I've always told myself that I would ask to love as God loves, and after this morning's devotion and God's persistence on this one issue, I would still ask for the same thing. What would you ask for? If I only had two prayers left to give I would pray that all people in the world would come to desire the love of God, to receive the love of God, and be empowered to pour out the love of God on others through Jesus Christ and for His glory. And this would require a revelation about Jesus Christ that most do not know about today. Even Christians do not fully comprehend the powerful love of Jesus Christ to change things. I do not fully comprehend it. So something needs to happen in our lives that will change things to this effect. The 2nd prayer is below. 

In Galatians 5:1 it says, "for freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." The freedom that is in Christ is absolutely incredible. Freedom in Christ means His promises are real and available now to experience. Two out of thousands of the promises in Christ are: "when you pass through the rivers I will be with you," "the mountain shall depart, and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from you." All of the promises of God are yes and amen in Jesus Christ this very moment. Those who believe have access to those promises immediately. All of this speaks to the grace of God. It does not speak of how poor we are, about our sinful record, or our human efforts, but it speaks only to what God has done through Jesus Christ. In Christ we have permission to approach His throne at all times....at midnight or in the middle of the day. Galatians 5:1 proclaims this, but our human nature, our flesh, our focus on the world and the unrelenting Devil all keep us from coming to that place where we might fully encounter the blessing.

In my fight for the good faith, I have come to believe these promises, and commands are possible, but haven't fully experienced the promises for lack of consistency in one area. If this is true for you as well it can also be narrowed down to one reason.  I asked the Lord this morning again what condition is required in my full freedom and to access all your power before you will act and fulfill the promises? What must I do to have a full expectation, and full experience of your provision for all that I need in every circumstance?  When will you impart, give, anoint? When will you multiply the fish and the bread before me?! When will I walk on water with you?! When will you heal my blindness, and make my lame legs walk?! When will you raise my dead soul to life?! When will my shadow heal others?! When will my command cast out demons?! When will the Red Sea split at my voice?! When will the fire not consume me and my friends as we stand in it?! When will the hungry lions lie next to me content?! When will the poison of the snake that bites me not harm me?! When will we be able to love as you love?! I want to experience the fullness of the Lord! Do you? To love as He loves in every circumstance! 

And the Lord gave the answer: The path everyone must walk through in Jesus Christ to receive greater measures of loving power is COMPLETE SUBMISSION to Him and His will. This is the anointing we need, and this is the second prayer I would pray: that all people would completely submit their lives to the only One, Jesus Christ, who can make this happen in our hearts. This is the path way to complete submission to Christ:

Faith, hope and love.
Be considerate of God in all things.
Work to perfect our adoration of God.
Be resolute in ridding difficulties toward these ends by overcoming through Christ...completely surrendering.
Seek and embrace how God is humbling us. 
Be willing to not do the things I want to do, and be willing to do the things I don't want to do. Be a living sacrifice for God in every moment. 
Completely submit to the Lord Jesus realizing this is the requirement for him to work out is great promises in me and through my heart, mind, and will. 
Being perfect as my heavenly Father is perfect is possible through depending on God's grace in greater measures. 
We can do nothing without God's grace. 
We have been created in such a way to depend on God for all our needs. We are capable of depending on him in such great measure. Completely! If we weren't, we would be dragged down by the world, our flesh and by the devil. Go deeper into Grace....complete dependency on what God has for us. 

Love is the manifestation of faith.

Powerful and Loving Jesus, nothing else matters but your love being poured out in greater measure. There is no greater love than to lay down our lives for our marriages, children, families, friends....for you Jesus. How can we become resolute in this one thing for the rest of our days on this earth. Pour out your spirit upon us to be completely surrendered and submitted to you out of love and faith in you. We thank you Jesus. Amen.

No comments: