SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Bible Speaks on the Issue
Let me first say, if you commit to studying the bible you’ll see for yourself that it is a book of authority, truth and redemption for your life. In the time that I’ve personally spent in the bible, I have come to see this and believe that it is a book of power and is really from the heart of God… not just a bunch of books that men alone came up with, but men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit of God. That Inspiration is the difference! The truth is I would never have known it to be if I had just listened to critics or not thought about what it had to say introspectively when reading it. Contrary to popular vote, the bible does not contradict itself. It does not contain lies, and therefore it can be trusted. If you start reading it and observe the world around you in context to the scriptures it will make sense of everything. It will become your resource for life and wisdom. But to find the treasure you must read it for yourself with a desire to know the truth about who you are in the eyes of God. Everyone loves a rose, but will you be thankful for it’s thorns too. God is awesome and His book is beautiful but it also contains a ferocious bite that people avoid like the plague. The amazing thing is that the bite is not a bite of death, rather it is a bite that leads to life. It will hurt you before it heals you in every way: Physically, Emotionally, Intellectually, and Spiritually. “For a seed to bare its fruit, it must first die.”

On the Subject of Middle East Peace:
Date: Today- But What Does The Bible Say?

IN CONTEXT, WHAT DOES GOD’S WORD SAY ON THE SUBJECT OF THIS ‘LAND FOR PEACE’ DILEMMA IN THE MIDDLE EAST?

There are a number of facts to become aware of in order to really make sense of this.
As you consider the scriptures and research the history you will find them both to be true.

Fact #1.
The Jewish people are the Chosen People:
(Deuteronomy 7:6 , Isaiah 43: 10-11)

Fact #2.
The Land of Israel belongs to God:
(Psalm 24:1, Deuteronomy 32:8-9)

Fact #3.
The Chosen People needed a Chosen Land, and so the God of Israel strategically chose the Land of Israel for the People of Israel:
(Ezekial 5:5)

Fact #4.
The Land of Israel was given by God to the descendants of Abraham as an everlasting possession:
(Genesis 12:7, Genesis 17:7-8)

Fact #5.
Even though Abraham had many sons, the Land of Israel wasn't given to Ishmael, or to any of the other sons of Abraham, but only to Isaac:
(Genesis 17:18-19, Genesis 26:3-4,Genesis 25:5-6)

Fact #6.
Even though Isaac had two sons, the Land wasn't given to Esau, but to Jacob:
(Genesis 28:13, Genesis 35:11-12)

Fact #7.
There is no doubt about Israel's God-given borders because they are described for us in detail in the Holy Scriptures:
( Genesis 13:14-17, Genesis 15:18-21, Exodus 23:31)

Fact #8.
In addition to the everlasting covenant (which includes the Land), God swore an oath to give the Jewish people this Land:
(Hebrews 6:16-18, Psalm 105:8-11)

Fact #9.
Israel's sin and resulting exile from the Land of Israel never annulled God's covenant with His Chosen People, nor did it permanently abrogate their right to the Land of Israel:
( Leviticus 26:44-45, Deuteronomy 30:1-5, Luke 21:23-24)

Fact #10.
In His prophetic Word, God promised to regather Jews to "their own Land":
(Ezekial 36:24, 28, Ezekial 37:21, Jeremiah 16:14-15)

Fact #11.
In His prophetic Word, God calls this restored Land "Israel" - not "Palestine":
(Ezekial 37:12)

Fact #12.
God, speaking to Israel through the prophet Ezekiel, informs them that this Land is specifically reserved for the Jewish people:
(Ezekial 36:8-10)

Fact #13.
2,500 years ago the Lord also told us that the Jewish return to the Land would provoke a reaction from Israel's neighbors:
(Ezekial 36:2-5)

Fact #14.
God will severely judge any nation who divides up any part of this special Land:
(Joel 3:1-2)

Fact #15.
Eventually this conflict over the Land of Israel will entangle the entire world:
(Zechariah 12: 1-3)

Fact #16.
This conflict will be a time of great difficulty for the Jewish people, but they will be miraculously delivered out of it:
(Jeremiah 30:7, Consider Ezekial 36-39 as you watch Russia, Iran and other Countries Allign Militarily)

Fact #17.
Many Christians won’t accept these facts because they accept the erroneous teaching of ‘Replacement Theology’ which claims that God is finished with the Jewish people, and has replaced Israel with the Church.
(Jeremiah 33:24-26, Romans 11:17-24)

Fact #18.
All of God’s promises to the Jewish people will literally be fulfilled
(Jeremiah 33:24-26)

The land that nobody wants Israel to have really belongs to God:
Psalm 24:1-2: “1 The earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness,The world and those who dwell therein.2 For He has founded it upon the seas,And established it upon the waters.”
Leviticus 25:23: “23 ‘The land shall not be sold permanently, for the land is Mine; for you are strangers and sojourners with Me.”

God chooses Abraham and promises to give the whole land of Canaan to his descendants as an everlasting possession.
Genesis 17:7-9: “7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. 8 Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.” 9 And God said to Abraham: “As for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations.

God keeps his promise to Abraham and chooses his son Isaac to inherit the whole land of Canaan
Genesis 26:2-5: “2 Then the LORD appeared to him and said: “Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land of which I shall tell you. 3 Dwell in this land, and I will be with you and bless you; for to you and your descendants I give all these lands, and I will perform the oath which I swore to Abraham your father. 4 And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

God keeps his promise to Abraham and Isaac and chooses Isaacs son Jacob to inherit the whole land of Canaan.
Genesis 28: 13-15: 13 And behold, the LORD stood above it and said: “I am the LORD God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. 14 Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you.”

Jacob was chosen not Ishmael or the Arabs
Isaiah 41:8-9: “8 But you, Israel, are My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen,The descendants of Abraham My friend. 9 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its farthest regions, And said to you, ‘ You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away.”

God commands Moses to lead the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob into the land God gave them after the Egyptian Captivity.
Exodus 33:1-2: “1 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Depart and go up from here, you and the people whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt, to the land of which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, ‘To your descendants I will give it. 2 And I will send My Angel before you, and I will drive out the Canaanite and the Amorite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite.’”

God says he will re-establish Israel as a Nation after being scattered throughout the nations for many years. In 1948 Israel became a nation again and God has been bringing them back ever since!
Ezekial 37:21: “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land;

God proclaims that his covenant with Israel will never be broken.
Psalm 89:34: “34 My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.”

Today there are no descendants from the Canaanites. They were utterly destroyed in this battle.
Numbers 21:2-3: “2 So Israel made a vow to the LORD, and said, “If You will indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities.” 3 And the LORD listened to the voice of Israel and delivered up the Canaanites, and they utterly destroyed them and their cities. So the name of that place was called Hormah.”


Interesting Charts
Hebrew Bible Genesis Offspring
Tribes of Jacob Chart

No comments: