SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Rejection Junky Saved the World

Jesus was in complete control  by the Holy Spirit even in the darkest moments of his life. It was dark enough when the world rejected the Truth, but even darker when those whom he was closest to, his followers and closest friends, the ones who accepted John Ch. 6, betrayed and denied him. Through it all he was being controlled by and yielding to the Holy Spirit. Judas, one of his twelve followers, betrayed Him. Jesus being in control, called him his friend nevertheless. “Jesus said to him, "Friend, do what you came to do." Then they came up and laid hands on Jesus and seized him.” Matthew 26:50 ESV. Jesus demonstrated the power of the Holy Spirit to love Judas as a friend even in his sin. Jesus was not angry toward him, he was ready to save him. Also, Peter, denied he knew Jesus 3 times and even cursed Jesus out of fear of being persecuted, but Jesus being in control, told Peter he would do so before it happened. And Jesus restored Peter after that denial of the Truth in John 21. “And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives. Then Jesus said to them, "You will all fall away because of me this night. For it is written, 'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.' But after I am raised up, I will go before you to Galilee." Peter answered him, "Though they all fall away because of you, I will never fall away." Jesus said to him, "Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times." Peter said to him, "Even if I must die with you, I will not deny you!" And all the disciples said the same.” Matthew 26:30-35 ESV 

But even a darker hour came in the moments when Jesus hung on the cross and cried, "My God My God why have you forsaken me?" Forsaken means to desert or leave someone. Jesus' Father left him in the sin of the world ( mine and yours) as it transferred onto him. Yet, Jesus being in control by the Spirit of God, was in obedience to his Father's voice and in the love of forgiveness over us all. He gave himself up as the sacrifice that would be able to clean the world of all sin and death of the past, present and future. 

"The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever." Jesus said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum. When many of his disciples heard it, they said, "This is a hard saying; who can listen to it?" But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this? Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe." (For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.) And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father." After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him. So Jesus said to the Twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?" Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God." Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the Twelve? And yet one of you is a devil." He spoke of Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the Twelve, was going to betray him.”
John 6:52-71 ESV

“And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." And they cast lots to divide his garments.” Luke 23:34 ESV

“And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"” Mark 15:34 ESV

“Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last.” Luke 23:46 ESV

No comments: