SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Protecting Your Mind With The Helmet Of Salvation

Victory or defeat starts in the mind. The thought life. A bit of distorted thinking brings waywardness. What do we protect our minds with? There is a Helmet of Salvation provided to us by God in Ephesians 6:17.....“and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,” Ephesians 6:17 ESV

 "Whenever you or I or any other sin-scarred person at last lays down a heart, lays down a life, to the lordship of Jesus Christ, hope is what we gain." Dr. Jack Graham. 

Our thoughts try to convince that real hope can be found in a secure job, in fit bodies, in a checked-off to do list, in a healthy bank account, in a thriving marriage, in accomplished children, a successful career, the next paycheck, a better president, in a local sports team finally taking the title, a well groomed lawn or managed home - But Satan's arrows are attached to anything and everything, but the Hope of Salvation in Christ alone. So he tips his arrows with these poisonous lies: "God will not provide for me. God will not protect me. He will not comfort me when I am in despair. He won't bring me satisfaction. He won't bring me livelihood. God won't bring me love nor hope nor peace. God has never been there for me, and he will not be there for me now. I'm better off taking matters into my own hands." Those are lies or mind wars that lead to choices. " It is the nature of thought to find its way into action" Christian Nevell Bovee

False securities produce false hopes and Satan can then lie to you. So we do well to remember Paul's encouragement that what protects our minds is, " My Hope is in Christ alone!" That truth protects the mind. That is the Helmet of Salvation. As we pursue proper thinking in our lives day by day, we " hope for" the ultimate reward. 

“Henceforth, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.”
2 Timothy 4:8 ESV






No comments: