SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, April 25, 2016

Then and Now / Past and Present

Progressions and positions of status regarding a person's faith or personal relationship with the God of the Bible:

*"I believe there is no God"
*"I believe I am my own God"
*"I believe I am not God"
*"I believe in a God"
*"I believe the Bible is God's Word and absolute truth inspired by the Holy Spirit through men"
*"I believe the Father (Elohim) is God, and I believe the Son Jesus Christ is God, and I believe the Holy Spirit is God (I believe The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One God in Three Co-Equal Distinct Persons)"
*"I believe God is Sovereign, and I trust in each Person's role within the Triune God over my life and in all things in heaven and earth."
*"I believe God loves me perfectly and is conforming me into His image, and I will worship and enjoy Him forever."

----------------------------------
“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen....By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible....And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.”
Hebrews 11:1, 3, 6 ESV

“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.”
Colossians 2:6-7 ESV

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,” Ephesians 2:8 ESV

1 Corinthians 2:5 / So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God. (Amplified Bible). 

Hebrews 10:22-23 / Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water. So let us seize and hold fast and retain without wavering the hope we cherish and confess and our acknowledgement of it, for He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word. (Amplified Bible). 

No comments: