SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, February 04, 2016

At the Cross Road With Repentance and Pride: Choices?

Nothing is hidden from the eyes of God. He knows everything good and evil that has been done or thought. Everyone has fallen short of His glory. And God is Just and Merciful. He performs Justice in Righteousness and Mercy in His Love. Pray for the Holy Spirit to convict this Nation of its sins. Maybe a remnant can intercede toward this? A remnant with the heart of David, or Gideon, or Daniel, or even Jonah. God does not desire that anyone should experience His judgement or wrath. He is slow to anger and quick to forgive/pardon those who turn to Jesus and reject their sins. I believe Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio understand this. Any leader or ruler is established by God. A nation that fears the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will also have Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior and God, and they are a protected Nation by the very hand of God. But a nation that does not fear the Lord ends up where America is now and has been heading. God removes his hand of blessing on a people who rejects Him. Through a nation's repentance God can begin healing and sovereignly restore it. He can replace corrupt leaders and he can stop any harmful intentions of terror, corrupt power brought through manipulation, lies, deceit and lawlessness. We need Jesus to become # 1 in our hearts and this to be our personal and collective prayer. Life and restoration begins bowing humbly at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. 

“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, O God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. Do good to Zion in your good pleasure; build up the walls of Jerusalem; then will you delight in right sacrifices, in burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings; then bulls will be offered on your altar.”
Psalm 51:1-19 ESV

No comments: