SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, December 14, 2015

Abiding in Christ

Be transformed by the renewing of the mind of Christ. The battle is in the mind. Ideologies, distractions, lies, past and future worries, anxieties, are all laid to rest when the mind starts thinking about Jesus and believing  like Him. It's a process, but abiding in Him is a state  of being in the mind and heart. This is a classic writing by Andrew Murray that probably cost $5 in the books stores. The encouragement in it is priceless. Jesus said, "Abide in Me." That means come to me and STAY with me. Why? so that His Joy can be in us and remain full in us. THE WORLD NEEDS SOME REAL JOY THAT LASTS. 

Abiding in Christ by Andrew Murray:

“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.”
John 15:7-11 ESV

“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Romans 12:1-2 ESV

No comments: