SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Finding Peace In The Life of Jesus Christ

The answer to dealing with unmet expectations and being dissatisfied is resting confidently in WAITING for God to work out his GOOD WILL in each circumstance.  Being at peace in the waiting! He promises that all who wait for him will be blessed, and will not be put to shame (Isaiah 49 verse 23). The blessing is that God works his GOOD WILL out inside of those who wait for him. Then those who are blessed by God's work can reach out and bless others with truly loving power. This loving power is not found in what God can bless us with materially, but rather knowing him, and resting in him now is the ultimate and final blessing. God himself is who truly satisfies our souls. No one else and nothing else can truly satisfy. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are One God, and they are to be known and experienced in a loving eternal relationship. If only man and woman would commit their way to the Lord and trust in him, wait for him, he would act and reveal himself to them, because he is the living and true God. He would activate in their lives. In this waiting commitment full of expectation what will God do? God will point to his Son, Jesus Christ, as the person who he wants us to focus on. Through Jesus, God reveals himself as his ultimate GOOD WILL for people. God knows all humanity is broken by choosing their own way in sin, so He came to us as a man to pay for our sin's wage of death. He fixed the biggest problem of all that separates us from him on an eternal, moment by moment basis.  He died, was buried and rose from the grave. Through the loving power of Jesus, God makes himself available and known. God's GOOD WILL is that we focus on Jesus Christ so that we can put our faith in him for salvation and start experiencing a new, fully satisfying relationship with God the Father through spirit and truth. God wants to be known through his Son, and by putting your trust and hope in Jesus you will become fully satisfied and complete.  The Bible reveals who Jesus is.

"For God, who said, "let light shine out of darkness," has shown in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

"Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who wait for me shall not be put to shame." Isaiah 49:23

Below is Isaiah 50:4-11  and the Lord Jesus is speaking openly and about his work on the cross for all of his creation. He testifies to his anointing, his obedience in surrender and humility, his power and great love and care for the lost by giving his body as a sacrifice. He testifies to how he confidently waits for and trusts his Father through the process of making all things right. We hear Jesus' heart calling out to those who are still in their darkness and who have no hope to turn to him...to trust in God for salvation! And finally Jesus warns those who will not turn away from their sin, and who choose to remain in a spirit of rebellion. This passage is an all consuming eternal perspective straight from the heart of Jesus Christ. 

“The Sovereign LORD has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will. The Sovereign LORD has spoken to me, and I have listened. I have not rebelled or turned away. I offered my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard. I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting. Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame. He who gives me justice is near. Who will dare to bring charges against me now? Where are my accusers? Let them appear! See, the Sovereign LORD is on my side! Who will declare me guilty? All my enemies will be destroyed like old clothes that have been eaten by moths! Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God. But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from me: You will soon fall down in great torment.”
Isaiah 50:4-11

No comments: