SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, October 19, 2015

The Substance of Faith, Hope and Love is Light

There is faith, hope and love and they have substance. If darkness can get so dark that it can be felt then light can get so bright it can also be felt. Imagine you have no sight, but you have faith, hope and love within you.  Believe it or not these are all the substance you need to remain fulfilled. In a prison cell, in the clutches of a ruthless enemy, in the darkness of a depraved nation there is faith, hope and love in the midst. These are what create light within us. Jesus Christ said in John 8:12 “Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Also in 1 John 1:5 it says, “This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.” And again in Psalm 139:11-12 it says, “If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,” even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.”

Jesus is so pure in truth that darkness is as light to him. Hold up a lit match to a wall so a shadow is cast upon the wall. Everything will have a shadow except the flame. 

Exodus 10:21-23 also makes the point about how the Spirit of God provides light for his children when everything around is dark: “Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, a darkness to be felt.” So Moses stretched out his hand toward heaven, and there was pitch darkness in all the land of Egypt three days. They did not see one another, nor did anyone rise from his place for three days, but all the people of Israel had light where they lived.” Exodus 10:21-23

If you do not have Jesus Christ in your heart you do not have faith in him, you do not hope for him, nor do you have love for him. Therefore, you do not have the light that he provides in you. You only have these things if you trust Jesus 100%. God gives you faith, hope and love when you believe in Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior from sin. The Apostle Paul experienced the blinding Light of Christ which caused him to think about what he was doing. At that time he was persecuting those who believed in Jesus Christ, and Jesus appeared to him and changed how he was seeing things. Being blinded by the Light helps us to really see....

"As I was on my way and drew near to Damascus, about noon a great light from heaven suddenly shone around me. Now those who were with me saw the light, but did not understand the voice of the one who was speaking to me...and since I could not see because of the brightness of that light, I was led by the hand by those who were with me, and came into Damascus. "And Ananias, a devout man according to the law, well spoken of by all the Jews and lived there, came to me, and standing by me said to me, 'Brother Saul, receive your sight.' And at that very hour I received mi sight and saw him. And he said, ' The God of our fathers appointed you to know his will, to see the Righteous One and to hear a voice from his mouth; for you will be a witness for him to everyone of what you have seen and heard. And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name." Acts 22:6, 6, 11-16

The world is getting dark and God promises to take care of those who trust in him. Will you come to Jesus today? When we die in this body it is not over. We then face God with Jesus or without Jesus. God wishes that none would perish in their sins, but that all would be able to live in the light of his Son Jesus who is the hope of the nations: “Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Nations. He will not quarrel or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets; a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory; and in his name the Nations will hope.”” Matthew 12:18-21

When you have received Jesus as Lord and Savior you can hope and sing in his soon return no matter what is happening.



No comments: