SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To Trust = To Depend on one’s integrity. It is the same as To Have Faith in, To Believe in, and To Rely upon. It is the opposite of Doubt or to Reject.

Integrity = To be consistent in actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcome. It is the opposite of Hypocrisy.

The Lord is Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus is Trustworthy and Consistent in Goodness and always follows through on His promises.

Jesus said,
•"Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest.” Matt 11:28
•"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16
•"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." John 6:40
•"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18
•"I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,” John 11:25
•"Look, I'm standing at the door and knocking. If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I'll come in and we'll eat together. Revelation 3:20
•"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. John 14:23
•"Let the person who has ears listen!" Mark 4:23
•"Blessed are your eyes because they see and your ears because they hear. Matthew 13:16
•"You believe because you've seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me but believe." John 20:29
•"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:32
•"Turn to God and change the way you think and act, because the kingdom of heaven is near!"Matthew 4:17
•"Healthy people don't need a doctor; those who are sick do. I've come to call sinners, not people who think they have God's approval." Mark 2:27
•"If God were your Father, you would love me. After all, I'm here, and I came from God. I didn't come on my own. Instead, God sent me. John 8:42
•"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. John 17:5
•"Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. John 17:24
•"No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. John 15:15

The Bible says some things about why you need Jesus and why it is such a big deal that Jesus is inviting you to follow him and to believe in him as God, Savior, & Friend,

•"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
•"The Word became human and lived among us. We saw his glory. It was the glory that the Father shares with his only Son, a glory full of kindness and truth. John 1:14
•"This is true because Christ suffered for our sins once. He was an innocent person, but he suffered for guilty people so that he could bring you to God. His body was put to death, but he was brought to life through his spirit. 1 Peter 3:18
•"But now Christ has brought you back to God by dying in his physical body. He did this so that you could come into God's presence without sin, fault, or blame. Colossians 1:22
•"So those who are believers in Christ Jesus can no longer be condemned. Romans 8:1
•"But if God's Spirit lives in you, you are under the control of your spiritual nature, not your corrupt nature. Whoever doesn't have the Spirit of Christ doesn't belong to him. Romans 8:9
•"Don't you know that wicked people won't inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals, or thieves, those who are greedy or drunk, who use abusive language, or who rob people will not inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6: 9-10
•"Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: illicit sex, perversion, promiscuity, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21
•"Because all people have sinned, they have fallen short of God's glory. Romans 3:23•"The payment for sin is death, but the gift that God freely gives is everlasting life found in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
•"However, everyone who believes in Jesus receives God's approval. Acts 13:39The Bible also says what you need to do to start a relationship with Jesus Christ :
•"God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we've done wrong. 1 John 1:9
•I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I did not hide; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"; And You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah. Psalm 32:5
•If you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and have faith in your heart that God has made him come back from the dead, you will have salvation: Romans 10:9
•Do those things that prove you have turned to God and have changed the way you think and act. Matthew 3:8
•You see that a person receives God's approval because of what he does, not only because of what he believes. James 2:24

If you Trust in the Lord you can be secure in all things even when surrounded by death, persecution, disease! There is security for the One who puts their trust in Jesus Christ.

Psalm 91

1 Whoever lives under the shelter of the Most High will remain in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say to the LORD, "You are my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." 3 He is the one who will rescue you from hunters' traps and from deadly plagues. 4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge. His truth is your shield and armor. 5 You do not need to fear terrors of the night, arrows that fly during the day, 6 plagues that roam the dark, epidemics that strike at noon. 7 They will not come near you, even though a thousand may fall dead beside you or ten thousand at your right side. 8 You only have to look with your eyes to see the punishment of wicked people. 9 You, O LORD, are my refuge! You have made the Most High your home. 10 No harm will come to you. No sickness will come near your house. 11 He will put his angels in charge of you to protect you in all your ways. 12 They will carry you in their hands so that you never hit your foot against a rock. 13 You will step on lions and cobras. You will trample young lions and snakes. 14 Because you love me, I will rescue you. I will protect you because you know my name. 15 When you call to me, I will answer you. I will be with you when you are in trouble. I will save you and honor you. 16 I will satisfy you with a long life. I will show you how I will save you.

No comments: