SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Battling Unbelief

I'm reading John Piper's book called Battling Unbelief and it is full of deep encouragement and answers questions dealing with the unseen wars that can only be won by placing hope and trust in God's future promises. It's speaking about the truth in the Bible that I know I need in order to make it through these days. Deeper encouragement, deeper fellowship, and deeper understanding about the heart beat of God is what I really need and desire so I can succeed in life, and in my relationships. I am never satisfied when I am not going deeper into this personal and loving God who gave his all for me and proved his love for me. I want to succeed in God's eyes not my own or other's. Because there is no doubt in my mind that the Lord is returning to this earth very soon this is all the more important to me. Life is hard just 'doing' what has to be done to make it all work, and I keep hearing the Spirit of the Lord saying to me "finish strong Hank and don't give up (2 Timothy 4: 1-8), and fight the good fight of faith." 1 Timothy 6:12 says, "Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses." I've known for some time what the one purpose of living is really about, and pursuing that purpose is always a challenging one. The purpose of living is to invest in people so that their very soul takes steps of faith that get them closer to their Creator who is the God of the Bible. Ultimately, life is not about anything else on this side of eternity because the inevitable dividends of investing in people in this way have the most return. When all is said and done, meaning, when all the actions, intentions, and thoughts of people are judged on that intense day people are going to receive a final verdict from perfect Justice that will either place them in Hell and seperated from God forever because their sins have not been washed away or with Him in Paradise for eternity because their guilt has been washed away. People's final destination will depend on if they put their full trust in God's Son Jesus Christ and had a personal relationship with him. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 Life is about working to encourage others, whether they believe or not, into understanding the truth about Jesus Christ so that they can make that final decision of trusting him for themselves. The unseen wars that prevent investment are pride, covetousness, impatience, dispondency, lust, and so much more and these can only be won over by putting faith in God's Word into action Deep wars require deep fellowship, encouragement and intentional living so that the best investment of life can be achieved.

No comments: